Posted by: worried | 2009/04/15


My husband is suffering from severe diverticulitis. Yesterday he went for a colonoscopy and the outcome was really not so good. He is very constipated. What may he eat and what not? Your help will be appreciated very much.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Worried
I am sorry to hear about your husband's diverticulitis. This is a tricky condition to treat. Because of the seriousness of your hubby's condition, I would recommend that he should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), because using the correct diet can make a great deal of difference to the situation. To read more about this condition click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diverticulitis' as I have written articles on the dietary aspects of this condition.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: mfn | 2009/04/15

My husband is also suffering from heart burn . He is using renis everytime. It has been quiete a long tine , he is from doctor to doctor. It started aftermeal now is even if he has not taken anything

Reply to mfn

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.