Question
Posted by: Penny | 2006/04/17

Diverticulitis

My mother is 85 yrs old & has chronic Diverticulitis could you plse give me a diet that she can follow

Dear Penny
Because of the complexity of this condition and the fact that your dear Mom is over 80, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet for her that makes provision for the diverticulitis and her age and age-related problems such as inability to chew certain foods, etc. This is not a diet that one can prescribe without seeing the patient and taking a diet history.