Question
Posted by: muffin | 2004/02/03

disturbed vision

Hi Doc,
I sometimes have a disturbance in vision, like an arc of flashing light that starts at the bottom and moves over to the left or right, then completely goes away after about 10 or 15 mins. During that time its difficult to see properly. Doesn't happen often, just every few months. What is it?

Muffin, it’s difficult to say what it is without examining you first. The only dangerous things I can think of that can cause your symptoms are retinal detachment, high blood pressure and diabetes mellitus. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure that it is not the case. Good luck.