Question
Posted by: Dream interpretation | 2007/12/04

Disturbed

I dreamt last night that our snake (a red tail boa constrictor) was in his cage with a scorpion. I still asked my husband if the snake would be ok, or which would be more likely to survive this encounter and before he could answer, the snake sniffed around the scorpion and then started off to the other side of the cage as if not interested in the scopion at all.
Then the scorpion suddenly stung the snake and the snake began to swell and his eyes were bulging hideously and as he swelled more his scales exploded off his skin in a ripple effect - and then another smaller snake came in from nowhere and bit our snake and our snake exploded and disintegrated into sludge.

It's so disgusting and I cannot get that image of the freaking snake all bulging and exploding out of my mind. I cannot even eat this morning ti totally grossed me out that much. Yuck.

I don't usually remember my dreams and I certainly never remember them being so graphically horrific.

I think dreams mean something and it's a way for your subconcious to reveal important information to you, but it does it in symbols and a person has to try and interpret them.

Can anyone maybe suggest a meaning, perhaps? For information purposes and maybe further clarification, I am a Taurean Fire snake in terms of Chinese Zodiac and my husband is scorpio in the 'normal' zodiac. Oh my, this actually sounds so silly huh? But I've been reading up on horoscopes, etc, for fun and nothing more. So maybe my subconcious is trying to tell me something urgent and is using what I've been reading up on as symbols to convey this message?!?!

Or... am I crazy? Sounds werid, but true.
If anyone can help, thanks.
If anyone laughs their head off then frankly I cannot blame you either.
Sounds really freaky, huh.

Check out the archives of this forum, to understand whty I don't do dream interpretation, because the vast majority of dream content is random and meaningless, and at most reflects some aspects of whatever ideas are preoccupying you by day. There's remarkably little good evidence even for the existence of a "subconscious", let alone that dream content reveals anything from it. Your dreams content probably at most reflected that you have been concentrating a bit much on symbolism including snakes and scorpions.