Question
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2008/06/06

Disprin with Lithium

Hi CS and how are you doing? Haven't chatted for ages. If you can recall I am on Lithium. Can I take Disprin (I don't think so) as I have a massive abscess on my gum and it's terribly sore. I took AdcoDol this morning but that's not an anti-inflammatory (as you know). Thanks CS and have a lovely weekend.

JakaN, indeed --- good to hear from you again. Ouch, though, sorry to ehar about the abscess, which obviously needs a dentist's assistance ASAP, and may need an antibiotic which could help the pain. As I understand it a number of anti-inflammatories such as Nurofen / ibuprofen and others, and aspirin, can raise the plasma levels of Lithium, and potentially even could cause some lithium toxicity. Paracetamol is probably a better alternative until you reach the dentist.

1
Posted by: T | 2008/06/06

im on camcolit and was given mypaid when i had pneumonia

Reply to T