Question
Posted by: lebo | 2003/12/05

DISPRIN IN PREGNANCY

What kind of a blood problem would compel Dr to give one Disprin (in low dose of course). My aunt is 6 months pregnant and Dr has ordered her to take quarter of Disprin every day because of blood problem that she has. What kind of problem is that? Do you know why Disprin can be prescribed because of problem related to blood?

It is prescribed for women with risk factors for pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure in pregnancy) and also for clotting disorders.

2
Posted by: Kippie | 2003/12/05

I'm also with Kate- that is what it is prescribed for.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/05

A friend of mine was told to take half a disprin a day towards the end of her pregnancy due to high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia.

It is not advisable to take disprin during pregnancy but for some cases (towards the end of pregnancy) the doctors do prescribe it to keep the blood thinner to prevent clotting due to high blood pressure. It is fine in such small doses and when prescribe by your doctor.

Reply to Kate