Question
Posted by: KL | 2005/12/06

Disprin and Gaviscon

Dear Doc

My 2 miscarriages were (believed to be, no proof) due to my blood thickening and not getting blood supply through to the 'little bean'.

I was on EcoTrin but it burnt my stomach - gynae suggested I take a quarter of a Disprin every day (I am 3 weeks pregnant).
Do you agree? (any other advice on how to keep my blood thin/normal?)

I also suffer from heartburn (even before I was pregnant) can I continue with Gaviscon?

You need a definite diagnosis regarding the thickening of the blood. There are a number of clotting problems which can give rise to this and, depending what the problem is, you might need other medication such as heparin. I would suggest that you have this properly investigated. Gaviscon is safe in pregnancy.

2
Posted by: jea | 2005/12/07

Yes Gaviscon is okay to use while pregnant. I know that disprin unthickens blood but not sure if its okay to drink it everyday if you are pregnant, but if you are not pregnant it should be fine. I think you gynae cannot subscribe something that could cause problems.
All the best!!

Reply to jea
Posted by: new | 2005/12/06

Yes the Gaviscon is right to use.

Reply to new