Posted by: DME | 2008/05/29


Good day can any tell me if their is other alternative medicine to operating my 2 year cerebral palsy child for displaced hips.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Thank you for visiting

Unfortunately, there is no medication or treatment other than an operation to treat your child's displaced hip.

Good luck.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: MARY | 2008/06/26

Hi Dr Anrich, please assist me, my son is 19 years and has had dislocated hips for years now but last year they started to swell and pain, the knees started to swell as well. He was treated at Garden City and told that only if the bone breaks through the skin that they will remove the hip or hips completely as he does not need them as he does not walk. I want to know if there is anything i could do at home to lessen his pain, any cushions I should use? or can I put a hot water bottle next to him?

Reply to MARY

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.