Posted by: Blondie | 2004/03/09

Dislocation of hip


I'm 28 years old, I haven't had time for much exercises but do play squash on a regular basis, yesterday morning I went for a 1km jog, only jogged for about 500m as my right hip dislocates, well I don't really know if it dislocates according to some friends, but the muscle around my hip is so painfull and I definitely feel some bone moving in my hip, I battle waking, I played squash last night, my hip was OK, but when I bow down or something the muscle pain in my hip is unbearable. I wondered if there's some sort of exercise I can do to strenghten my hips, or should I go and see a sports-doctor.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFitnessDoc

Hi Blondie

I think that the wise thing would be to see a doctor - as you mention, it may be something different from a dislocated hip. DIslocated hips often occur in infants, and are more rare in adults. The fact that you could play squash, but feel pain when bending down may indicate that a ligament is perhaps lax(loose) or strained, and certainly, I think that either a physiotherapist or a sports doctor will be the best person to see, so that you can at least have a definitive diagnosis.

Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.