Question
Posted by: Rhett | 2007/04/12

Dislocated Shoulder

My shoulder slips out of joint everynow and then when I move my arm in a certain way above my head. Happened 4 times so far. I can always get it back in after a bit of struggling, but seems to happen so easily. I'm going to see a phsio soon, but are there certain exercises and things I can do to strengrhen it. And should you rest it for a couple days after it happens? Its a bit sore at the moment but it functioning ok.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Rhett
The problem is that with a redislocatable shoulder is that there is like a litle piece of bone that's broken off that holds it in place.

Physio can help to strengthen but surgery will help stability.

DrP