Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/01/08

Dislocated cervix follow up

Hi everyone. I posted a ? re dislocated cervix 1-2 month(s) ago. The doc amongst other things pointed to a possible chronic illness as the cause. I've been to the GP and ruled out this possibility. I assume the next step would be to see a gynae. Where can I find one around East Rand and how much do they usually charge? I am not on medical aid. I want to fall pregnant and need to mend this problem if it will be an obstacle to me conceiving. Please help and I thank you all in advance.

I am not sure what you mean by a dislocated cervix. Perhaps it is just shifted to one side. There are many gynaecologists in Johannesburg and your GP should be able to refer you.