Question
Posted by: Cherise | 2007/06/08

DISGUSTING PEOPLE on the forums

Hi CS and others.

I often visit all the forums on this site, just to see how everyone is doing and to get some assistance when I need it. Lately I have been so annoyed with some “odd balls” posting on the various sites, obviously looking to belittle or hurt someone. CS I don’t know, do you think it is the weather or just someone venting their anger at others? We have some very ignorant and hurtful people on the weight loss forum saying the most hurtful things to people wanting some advice. It just feels as if these forums are now open to every wacko in SA!

There are people cursing users on the Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual forum, cursing the Cyberdoc on her (very helpful) forum and the list just goes on and on.

Why do these poor souls do this? Do they feel proud of themselves? Do they enjoy the hurt and pain that they dish out to obviously vulnerable people on the forums? I just can’t understand what they get out of this. If they don’t have anything constructive and positive to contribute, why bother?

I just wonder about these tormented souls!

Keep well and thanks for a wonderful forum!

Hugs and …. Hugs!

Hi cherise,
Thanks for your comments. Yes indeedy there are some nasty people around who seem merely to hunt for opportuntities and pretexts for being unpleasant --- but also some otherwise pleasant people who are being nasty around now --- maybe the weather isn't helping ! And isn't it cowardly that these folks, who probably wouldn't murmer if faced with a crowd who could hear what they say, abuse the privilege of anonymoity to show the ugly side of their nature ?
As Bee points out, this sort of dweeb thrives on attention and adores stirring up the anger of others, and they tend to wilt when ignored, however hard that may be to do a times.
I've deleted a couple of simply abusive responses here, from someone we will keep an eye on, who may need exclusion from the site if they keep up this approach.
Having been visited by some of these folks in the last couple of days, I'm mildly relieved to hear that they are elsewhere as well.
Sigh

6
Posted by: Dude | 2007/06/11

is that the royal we.. wee wee masuer

Reply to Dude
Posted by: O please | 2007/06/08

hear hear Echelle ...

Reply to O please
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/08

Just ignore them, they want you/us to reply and get mad and the lllllllloooooovvvvveeee that!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: C. | 2007/06/08

It's anger. And we never learnt to control it.

Reply to C.
Posted by: Bee | 2007/06/08

This type of message attracts all the scum, as proven above.
While your post makes sense Cherise, there is absolutely no point in posting it all. These people thrive on this.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Common sense | 2007/06/08

Oh .... it is people like you Cherise is referring to! Go play in traffic!

Reply to Common sense