Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2006/10/25

Disconnected

My arms became very unco-ordinated for a few minutes and my eyes went weird too - I thought my life was slipping away. My eye-sight didn't go blurry but what I saw felt like I was fading away from life. I thought I was dying. It's so hard to describe. I could breathe and my heart didn't feel like it was racing. Now everything looks different in a way, like I'm wearing a new pair of stronger glasses, but I feel disconnected too, slightly dazed, but that's debatable. I just feel weird. I hope I haven't had a breakdown. I do feel more anxious now after what happened and a bit out of breath. I have had anxiety in the past but it's never affected my eyes. My Doctor is on holiday and my neuro is away for the week. I have been under a lot of stress these past few months.
Thank You for the tremendous good wok you do for us all on the CyberShrink forum.

Could be so many possible things causing such an experience, Lisa. Could be a panic attack, or a faint, low blood sugar, and so on. Bu I'm puzzled, when you refer to "your neuro", as it makes me wonder WHY you have a neuro and whatproblems he had been attending to for you. Whatever the elements, the stress is surely much to do with this, so concentrate on trying to relax and let the stress blow past you like a wind you notice but don't try to grab as it passes

1
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/26

hi lisa isnt there another doc you could see in the mean time. i know colestral can blur your vision but i also know that there are other things that can cause odd feelings. high blood pressure low blood sugar epilepsy a whole range of things including mild stroke. i would sugest you go see your doc. the anxiety is understandable after having gone through something like that. just take it easy and monitor how you are feeling. it might be nothing physical but you dont want to take a chance. good luck

Reply to kat