Question
Posted by: 5540 | 2004/10/11

Discoloured toenails

The toenails on both of my big toes have become discoloured in patches. White/ yellowing. What is this? It is not painfull at all, just ugly. How do I get rid of it?

5540, it is difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to see the problem first, but it sounds like it might be due to a fungal infection or psoriasis and maybe even a liver problem. The best would be to see your doctor and have t sorted out. Good luck.

1
Posted by: J | 2004/10/11

Hi there... A tip my beautician mother in law gave me...
file your toe nails with a buffer then soak in a mixture of lemon juice and water in warm water.

Works wonders for me... I am a victim of discoloured toenails..(leaving my nail polish on too long!)
Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.

Reply to J