Question
Posted by: Embarrased | 2007/04/15

Discoloured around pubic area

Hi. I'm 27 and have a embarrasing problem. I have serious discolouration around my pubic area. Its really dark compared to the rest of my body which is fair. The pubic lips and bikini area are the areas affected.

What could be the problem, and more importantly what is the remedy? I am a virgin, and my boyfriend & I have decided to start a sexual relationship. But this discolouration has left me embarrased and i keep putting sex off. Could my chronic asthma medication be the problem?

Please advise.

Asthma medication should not cause a problem. Most women do have a darker pubic area. If you are concerned, see your doctor to check that it is normal.