Question
Posted by: biltong | 2008/01/10

discharge rotten smell b4 slow period

would like to know what is wrong with me bcoz recently i've discovered that just a few days before and after my period my vaginal disharge has got this rotten smell that not even i can withstand it.
it smells like a cat or rat died i've been on triphasil for the past 2 months and i must say my period is totally abnormal very slow (takes 3 to 4 days before u see actual blood) and the amount of blood my body is getting rid of is not much as before and i was on triphasil before but then i thought i was going to bleed myself to death so please advise what u think is wrong and if this would help i also had an abortion 2 years ago.

Dear Biltong
You could have a bacterial vaginal infection - please see your doctor to take a papsmear and a swab of the vagina. In the mean time you could try Betadine douche 2x per day when you smell the smell - this is an antiseptic that will help to kill the bacteria that causes this. However you may need to take antibiotics as well. Light menstruation is not necessarily abnormal.

1
Posted by: panda | 2008/02/02

am having an abnormal smell and i will like to know more about fertility cos ive been taking alot of contraceptives

Reply to panda