Question
Posted by: shy | 2005/07/08

Discharge during pregnancy

Hi to all. This is a bit of an embarrassing question.

I am 9 w pregnant, and seem to be getting more discharge as the pregnancy progresses. It's clear and doesn't smell too bad but it is bothersome. Even more strange, I seem to be passing wind down there (gross I know). Is this the norm or what?!

Thanks.

This is all normal. Bloating and wind are commoner in pregnancy due to the pregnancy hormone, progesterone.

11
Posted by: Nats | 2005/07/08

The discharge, winds (front and back) is normal, sometimes embarrising, we have open plan offices, so I have to run to the loo!! Paris - thanks for the Friday joke, much appreciated!!

Reply to Nats
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/08

Glad i could make you smile madam....

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Poolnymph | 2005/07/08

With pregnancy comes a discharge - sorry cupcake, but it's part of the package. As for the gas in the front side. This is normal too. It's air that gets trapped (due to what is called negative pressure - so it basically gets "sucked in") and is then released. You can even experience when you aren't pregnant.
Paris, you definately have a unique sense of humour! :) hee hee.

Ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

God Bless.

Reply to Poolnymph
Posted by: Jane | 2005/07/08

PARIS!!! You have me in histerics!!!! All my colleagues are checking me out!!! :-) That's brilliant!!! I can't even think of a good reason for it now!!! :-)

Reply to Jane
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/08

Maybe your babies are burping and its coming out of your nunu.... ha ha ha - **sorry**

I dont know what could cause this, so i just made a joke instead.

Its friday afternoon humour.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: shy | 2005/07/08

I am also confused about passing wind down south in the front! Where does the air come from? GynaeDoc, please help us out!

Reply to shy
Posted by: samantha | 2005/07/08

Jane, any explanation for the wind thing? I noticed it too in the early days, not anymore (13 weeks now).

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Jane | 2005/07/08

Get used to the wind thing - unfortunately part of the package. As long as the discharge isn't blood you should be fine. The minute you spot blood, even the tiniest bit - go see your gynae!

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy! Very exciting times ahead for you! :-)

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Jane | 2005/07/08

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Lelo | 2005/07/08

Hi shy

I'm only 7weeks preggies, so I'm not yet very clued up about all the facts.. but as far as I know, a non-smelling clear or white discharge should be ok- but you can go to your dr just to put your mind at ease. As for the wind-passing, most women go thru it due to being bloated while preggies- i don't know what causes it though! I'm sure other ladies have more insight on these issues- come on ladies- pls help us out here !

Reply to Lelo
Posted by: YellowBear | 2005/07/08

Yip, tell me about the discharge. its definitely annoying! i always have to keep checking if its smelling funny (sis!! sorry to be disgusting)

I don't know about the wind down there (by the nunu as Paris would say) but i definitely pass a whole lot of wind in the other "down there" (the botty)

My gynae said all this was perfectly normal.

take care

Reply to YellowBear