Question
Posted by: Janie | 2008/01/25

Discharge during menstruation.

Good afternoon Doc,
I am 23 years old and I currently have my period. Yesterday was my second day and I use Lil-Lets tampons. While I was at work, I was sitting down for a while and when I got up, I saw there was a discharge on the chair... it is not the blood, it is more just a watery consistency and it happened more so during the day even when I have the tampon in. It also had quite a potent smell, like chemical. Do you have any idea what it is?

It may just have been some fluid leaking past the tampon. Wait and see what things are like when your period has finished.