Question
Posted by: milli | 2004/11/01

discharge a sign of pregnancy?

two weeks ago i lost my virginity and days after that i began to get weird stomachaches-they feel like period pains but they began two weeks ago and my period is a week from now,it just does not make sense.this week my breasts started blowing up,it's like their filled with lots of air!i have also been getting lots of discharge,no funny colours but i just really wonder what is going on.please tell me if you think i might be pregnant?i haven't vomitted or experienced headaches.

You could have an infection if you are having pains and a discharge. The symptoms do not sound like pregnancy. I would suggest that you see your doctor for a check.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/02

I would suggest that you do a pregnancy test if you are about 3 days late. Remember that worrying can make you late, so if you are late, don't panic too much more!

A pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period. So by the time you miss a period, you are about 4 weeks.

You are most likely to fall pregnant when you ovulate. You ovulate on about day 14. In a 28 day cycle, this is about two weeks before your period is due. Ovulation is not exact though. Also, for about 5 days either side of ovulation, you are also in a fertile time.

I don't mean to alarm you, but you do get crampy types of feelings, like period pains but slightly different in early pregnancy around the time that your period is due. You can also have a slight bleed around a week before your period would be due, which could be an implantation bleed (though this is quite rare). Also, your breats get so tender that they hurt if someone walks too close and rearranges the ear molecules surrounding them.

Your boobs don't really start to get bigger and you don't really get nauseaous till about 6 weeks. Generally, all preg symptoms start at about 6 weeks, which is about 2 weeks after your period would be due.

In future, use protection - for your health as well as for preventing pregnancy.

Reply to Purple