Question
Posted by: Autumn | 2008/01/04

Discharge

Hi Doc,

Please can you help me. I have an infection. My gynae put me on an antibiotic (3 tablets taken altogether) and 7 days of flagyl (1 tablet 3 x daily) and a betadine douche. But it hasnt helped me. I've gone to him 3 times this yr already and nothing has helped, it just keeps coming back. He also said that its just a bacterial infection. I dont want to go back to him, I also dont have time to wait for a gynae app as I leave the country in 4 weeks. I will go to my GP, but i just need to know what I can ask him for to help me. Im at my wits end, its been all year that this has been happening. Nonstop!

Please please please help! Would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!

Dear Autumn

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you ask your GP to do a vaginal swap, in order to have it send away for a MCS. This will give you a clear idea of what the cause for the infection is and to start with the correct treatment.

Kind regards