Question
Posted by: Lou | 2004/02/23

discharge

I am 21, not sexually active and healthy but I suffer from extreme moods and cramps when PMS-ing, which I have learnt to deal with. The problem: I have whitish, gel discharge which smells unpleasant, and I know this is not normal but I do not want to see a doctor or gynae. Is this thrush? Or just caused from the heat, swimming costumes, strong soaps and such things? Does it have anything to do with my hormones yo-yo-ing? Can it be treated herbally? (ie. tea tree oil or such?) please advise, thank you.

Thrush typically is white, thick like cottage cheese and itchy without much smell.
If you are not sexually active, it would make other infections less likely. It is hard to say what this is without examining you, but you could try tea-tree oil first. If this does not help, you will have to see a doctor.

1
Posted by: mint | 2004/02/24

I know you don't want to hear this but you need to see a doctor.It can due to one of many causes and is very common among many women.Treating it yourself does not necessarily solve the root problem.You can only know for sure what is causing this by getting a proper diagnosis from a doc.It might even be nothing to worry about, just need to change the fabric of your underwear but its better to be safe than sorry.See a doctor.

Reply to mint