Question
Posted by: Rudy | 2004/10/04

DISASSOCIATED ORDER

Where can I find out more about disassociated order. Just interested in all these mental illnesses. - so different but so linked.

Rudy,
Dissociation Disorder / Dissociative Identity DIsorder ( formerly called Multiple Personality Disorder ) a highly controversial disorder, rarely diagnosed in SA, Britain or most of Europe or Australia, but one which has been mass marketed in the USA. with awful results. American-style treatment creates the disorder which might otherwise never exist, and inevitably makes it much worse. Stopping their treatment usually leads to a rapid improvement. IT is NOT, contrary to some misapprehensions about Schizophrenia, related to Schizophrenia in any way at all. Check the Archives of this forum, as I've discussed it in some details several times before.

4
Posted by: Rudy | 2004/10/05

thanks Cybershrink.... my mother says No, thats not me. So still trying to find out what I am. She says some personality disorder but not schizo and not disassociated as previously discussed. A bit disorientated sometime like when she is telling me something, I will chip in and change the subject pertaining to something of no importance. Now and again also when I get up from the couch to fetch water, might make an anticlockwise circle first before proceeding to the kitchen. I also sometimes mention smoking with my left hand AND my righthand all day..or mentioning that I combed my hair sommer with my righthand (or left, whatever) (my mother says that doesnt make sense). I also have stiff leg and the medication makes me also slow down when I walk,- I dont need to hurry anyway, no reason, yet when I have headache which is very often, I march fast to drink water or whatever. what does that sound like to you. Also very bossy then (So my mother tells me).

Reply to Rudy
Posted by: Rudy | 2004/10/04

thanks paul, just very interested - will look up tomorrow.
speak tomorrow.

Reply to Rudy
Posted by: paul | 2004/10/04

wx3 dot healthubs dot com / dissociative /

Reply to paul
Posted by: Paul | 2004/10/04

I was referring to dissociative identity disorder

Reply to Paul