Question
Posted by: Ness | 2005/12/06

Dinner with ex

Ok guys I know you will give me hell for this but I miss him terribly. So I need to know what to cook for him. He has eaten all my usual meals, please help!

If there's something nostalgic about getting back together, isn't it one of your "usual" meals that he'd like >?

6
Posted by: lulu | 2005/12/07

Why is he your ex? Sorry if you've posted before and I've just missed your story, but I'm always weary when someone tries to get back together with an ex...

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Ness | 2005/12/07

Oh my word that was the funnies thing I have read in ages. Thank you Jamie Oliver!

Figured it out. I was perfect (if I say so myselft) I was charming, funny and sexy and only kisses him goodbye, by then he had gone from a little aloof to trying to put his hand on my leg etc (actually it was very cute, I felt like I was back at school).

All in all, we just relaxed, had fun, did not "discuss" anything and I just let him get to know the relaxed me. He has sms 3 times already and phoned once. lol

I have my end of year function this evening and I am taking a date but I plan to finish up by 10:30 and visit him for coffee, just coffee. What do you think. I think if I don't he will build a wall and thing it went really well with my date and back off.

Let me know

Reply to Ness
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Be careful you dont go overboard and chase the man away. You dont want to giv ehim the impression that you are obsessed. He needs to feel that you are in control, not obsessed. Make sense?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Jamie Oliver | 2005/12/06

A nice starter is mushrooms - you know those lovely bright red ones that grow alongside the road. A lovely garlic and butter sauce will gently hide the toxic, ...uh sorry....lovely taste of the little buggers .... sorry again....I mean mushrooms.

Follow that up with a lovely piece of venison gently simmered in an Oleander and wine sauce. First marinade the meat in well matured battery acid to ensure that his stomach lining will never forget the experience.

Finish him, I mean the evening, off with a compote and ice cream smothered in drain cleaner disguised to look like custard.

And of course, coffee with a healthy dose of copper sulphate (just to make sure he never screws around again) is always an after dinner winner!

So Nessie, there you have a real dinkum Jamie Oliver menu to ensure an unforgettable evening.

Reply to Jamie Oliver
Posted by: Ness | 2005/12/06

Yup you are right, fillit steak with creamy mushroom sauce it is. I have even cut a CD of all our favourite music to play in the background. How silly. But I know I made loads of mistakes aswell so if I can work this out then all the better.

Reply to Ness
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

The favourite dish you BOTH enjoy. You count too, so make sure the meal you cook is one he knows you love as much as he does. That way you are showing consideration and respect for yourself, and you can both enjoy the dinner together, without him feeling that you did it just for him. As subtle as it could be, he mioght feel a tad guilty if you cook his favourite tripe that you hate.

You are equals, so demand it by doing a shared great meal.

Reply to figured it out