Question
Posted by: ronel | 2006/04/13

dimetapp - still safe

I received an e-mail stating that all drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE are being recalled. Apparently the following medicines are included:
Dimetapp DM Cold & Cough Elixir
Dimetapp Elixir

Is this true and should I stop giving my child the Dimetapp Elexir for colds and flu? Or is it a hoax?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Ronel

Althought the risk is minimal, the threat reharding PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE is true.
However, the e-mail must be very old as dimetap has been re-formulated and re-launched. Since 2005 it doesnt contain phenylpropanolamine, but pseudoephedrine instead.

1
Posted by: Janine | 2006/04/18

The Pseudoephedrine gave my baby a beating heart and made him very hyperactive. H

Doc says he is allergic to the ingredient.

Reply to Janine