Posted by: WebSkies | 2002/07/29

Dikderm Ontsteking - How do you get it

Hi I dont know what the English name is for the above mentioned sickness/condition. Can you provide me with the English name. How do you get this and what happens if you don't treat it. I think that I got it again after I had it about two months ago, I did not go to the doctor as he only gave me Antibiotics the last time I went. It lasted for about three days and went away. Are there any dangers in not going to the doctor ???

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

WebSkies, the term you’re looking for is colitis. Saying someone has colitis doesn’t say much – you need to find out what the cause inflammation is. It might be due to infection, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, ischaemia, etc. The best would be to see a gastroenterologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Hannetjie | 2013/03/05

Ek soek raad vir swak beheer gedurende aanvalle van dairee. Wat kan die oorsaak daarvan wees. Ek is 65 jaar oud en het 'n kroniese maagseer. Dis 'n baie delikate probleem en ek voel verlee om dit met my dokter te bespreek. Is daar raad daarvoor?

Reply to Hannetjie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.