Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2008/01/28

Digging big holes!

I have a two year old female bull terrier, lately she has been digging huge holes all over the garden, never done this before. She is not lonely or bored as we spend alot of time with her. What could the reason be behind this kind of behaviour?
Any response would be appreciated.

Does she bury things or try and escape from the garden through the holes?

2
Posted by: kitkat | 2008/01/30

my GSDs dig holes when it is very hot - they go and lie in the cool sand...

Reply to kitkat
Posted by: digger | 2008/01/29

Hi Tanya

From the research that I have done on Bullies, it appears that they do become very destructive if not given something to do (toys to play with, things to chew, etc). You say you spend a lot of time with her, but what are you actually doing? Are you giving her things to do and interacting with her, or just sitting at home with her lying at your feet?

Perhaps give her some things to occupy her and give her something to do besides dig.

Reply to digger