Question
Posted by: Sulphy | 2002/12/18

Difficulty getting to sleep ...

I have a rather hectic time falling asleep... my mind works overtime when my body is down and out, and no matter what i have tried, i cannot fall asleep easily, ... for the last 4 months now i am lucky if i can fall asleep for more than an hour a nite ... i tried sleeping aids like nytol etc, but am actually afraid of sleeping pills and the sort, as the last thing i want is to develop a need for them to help me sleep!...
i excercise, read alot, and am in the IT industry, have tried meditation and just about anything to help, even yoga!...
its driving me nuts ...
if there is something else i could try .. i would be very appreciative..
thanks
Lew

Sulphy, the easiest would be to take a sleeping pill like Stilnox® for 10 or so days to try and normalise your sleeping pattern. If you want to try a more natural way, mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you something I wrote on sleep and sleeping problems. Good luck.

1
Posted by: rosie | 2002/12/18

Gee my asb. raad oor presies dieselfde probleem as bg. pasient. Ek sien myself as hiperaktief, en kan ook glad nie "afskakel" om aan die slaap te raak nie. Ek gebruik al vir 2 jaar verskeie tipes slaapmedikasies, anders kan ek nie die volgende dag oorleef nie (ek is `n onderwyseres en ry ver werk toe, ek MOET slaap om te kan "cope"
Ek het al ALLE METODES, chemies, natuurlik ens. probeer asook oefening smiddae, niks werk!

U raad sal hoog waardeer word!

Reply to rosie