Our expert says:
Please see the article below.
HAIR, NAILS & SKIN HAIR: The general condition of the hair is dependant on various factors: General good health General good care Proper hygiene The hair can be affected by various factors: General anaesthetics Anti-biotic treatment Chemotherapy Radiation therapy Pregnancy Breastfeeding Excessive colouring or perming Hormonal replacement therapy To improve the hair the following is needed: Regular shampooing with a reputable shampoo. Avoid excess heat application to style the hair. Do not expose the hair to hours and hours of harsh sunlight if you bleach your hair. Good nutrition. A lack of nutrients will cause the hair to become dry and brittle and even to change colour. Adequate rest to restore the body. Exhausted, worried people often experience hair loss. Discuss your chemical medication with your doctor and only use what is truly needed. Avoid excessive chemical treatment of the hair. Regular massage of the scalp will improve blood flow which can improve hair condition. If you are having cancer treatment, consult with a homoeopath to assist you through the treatment to minimise side effects.
Nutrients which are particularly beneficial to hair condition:
- THRESHHold™ with MSM is a nutrient which makes up a large percentage of hair content. Many people are deficient in MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) which causes the hair growth to become weak. Use ThreshHold™ with MSM daily as a supplement for hair, skin and nails.
- A Vogel Urticalcin tabs is essential to restore hair gloss and growth. This biological plant calcium is easily absorbed into body cells, bringing the necessary balance to the body’s need of calcium.
- Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Elixir is an old fashioned tonic which consists of all the main nutrients required during pregnancy, lactation and illness. Bio-Strath Elixir has been used for more than 50 years to restore depleted body cells and to bring body functions, as well as hair, nails and skin to peak condition. Bio-Strath contains all the amino acids and anti-oxidants required by the body after anaesthetics and during cancer treatments.
- A Vogel St John’s Tissue Oil is an amazing external tonic to the skin and hair. Massage a little of this oil into the hair and leave overnight. The hair will retain a perfect gloss and sheen with this treatment.
The general condition of the NAILS is dependant on various factors:
• Good care of the hands
• Good nutrition
• General hygiene
The nails are affected by:
• Tearing nails off
• Picking at the edges of the nails
• Using hands in direct contact with
- Paints, etc.
- Chemicals of other kinds
- Gardening without gloves
• Chronic illness of the circulatory system
• Candida Albicans
• Psoriasis – fungal infections
• Wearing false nails
• Excessive use of nail varnish and acetone
What the nails can tell you
• Absent half-moons – protein deficiency
• Nail ridges – protein deficiency and vitamin A deficiency
• Pale nail bed – Anaemia
• Peeling nails. Vitamin A and D deficiency, calcium deficiency, hydrochloric acid deficiency
• Poor nail growth – zinc deficiency
• Splitting nails – sulphur amino acid deficiency
• Spoon shaped nails. Iron deficiency
• Thin brittle nails. Iron deficiency, calcium deficiency, Vitamin D deficiency, hydrochloric acid deficiency
• Washboard ridges - Iron deficiency, calcium deficiency, zinc deficiency
• White nails – liver disease, copper excess
• White spots – zinc deficiency, thyroid deficiency, hydrochloric acid
(FROM: HEALTH THROUGH NATURAL HEALING – ROSS TRATTLER)
What to do to improve your nails
• Take gentle care of the nails. Keep them reasonably short and clean. Rub a little hand-cream into your hands daily, at bedtime.
• Avoid breaking the nails by working without gloves in the garden, or kitchen.
• Do not bite your nails or pick at your nails!
• Ensure proper nutrition. The nails reflect the deficiencies in the body.
What can you take to improve your nails?
• A Vogel’s Urticalcin tabs will provide a good source of many of the nutrients you might be lacking. These organic plant calcium tablets are a rich source of minerals and some trace elements in an easy-to-absorb form.
• Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Elixir is a general tonic for all over wellness. Bio-Strath Elixir contains all known nutrients in a natural form which is very easily absorbed by people of all ages. Bio-Strath Elixir is particularly suited to nervous, anxious people who bite their nails for comfort as well as people who are chronically ill with diabetes, circulatory disorders and psoriasis. Bio-Strath is also available in tablet form for diabetics.
• THRESHHold™ with MSM is a nutrient which has a wide range of benefits in the body. It is particularly beneficial to treat poor nail conditions as nails are made up primarily of this mineral! Many people are amazed at the rapid improvement and growth of their nails once they start supplementing with Thresh with OptiMSM™. Thresh Hold is safe to use for all age groups and has no contra-indication to any chemical drugs.
• Thursday Plantation 100% Tea Tree Oil can be massaged into nails for fungal growths.
General factors which will affect the skin:
• Poor hygiene
• Harsh chemicals used in soap or lotions
• Internal disorders of various organs, notably the liver, stomach and kidneys.
• The use of chemical drugs causing skin reactions.
• Nervous and anxiety disorders
• Hormonal disturbances, i.e. puberty/menopause/menstrual
• Excessive sunbathing
• Picking, squeezing the skin
• Actual diseases of the skin, i.e. psoriasis, eczema
What can you do to improve your skin?
• Get a proper diagnosis if you have growths, lumps, moles and warts. These symptoms can be the preliminary to later cancer and need to be properly identified.
• Keep the skin clean. Have a bath in lukewarm water, not too hot, once or twice daily, in very hot, humid climates.
• Use natural soaps to cleanse the skin. Avoid chemical additives in soaps and lotions.
• See a homoeopath to ensure that your internal organs of assimilation and elimination are in good order. If you are eating a typical fast food, sugar laden diet, give attention to a healthy lifestyle of wholesome natural foods.
• Hormonal changes in puberty, menopause and menstruation times are best treated by a homoeopath.
• Go into the sunshine before 10h00 and only again after 15h00.
• Have a regular facial to remove blackheads instead of trying to do it yourself.
What can you use and take to improve the skin?
• Thursday Plantation Tea Tree skin care range is all you need in your bathroom.
- Face Wash - For daily face cleansing
- Skin Wash - For overall showering and bathing
- Skin Cream - To apply after shaving or onto genitalia
- Skin Lotion - Overall skin tonic
- Shampoo - Hair care
- Conditioner – Hair care
- Toothpaste – Healthy teeth and gums.
- Lipguard - Lip care in the sun.
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree skin care is medicinally proven to keep the skin healthy by limiting bacterial, virus and fungus on the skin. It is very seldom irritating and is very easily tolerated by most people. Do an inner-arm test with the product to ensure that you too can enjoy the benefits of Thursday Plantation Tea Tree products.
• THRESHHold™ with MSM is a vital nutrient which will rapidly assist the skin to be renewed. The skin contains large quantities of this nutrient. Many people lack MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) which in turn causes symptoms of the skin.
• Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Elixir is a useful support to Thresh Hold with OptiMSM™ as it contains a little of all known nutrients in an easily absorbed form. Skin conditions are often the result of general poor health and
Bio-Strath Elixir is an old fashioned tonic which is very well suited to put you back on your feet.
• A Vogel’s Urticalcin tabs will provide essential calcium and other trace elements to repair skin lesions while it supplies organic plant calcium to the body.
• A Vogel’s Acne Formula will assist with the outbreak of acne at puberty and at other times. A Vogel’s Acne Formula can be used as a supportive remedy while chemical drugs or homoeopathic remedies are being used.
• A Vogel’s Eczema Formula will assist with the itching and burning of eczema in people of all ages. This formula can be used as a supportive remedy while other therapies are being used.
• A Vogel’s Boldocynara herbal liver drops is often indicated when skin disorders result from toxicity due to lifestyle or due to the use of chronic chemical drugs.
Hair, skin and nails reflect the general health and wellbeing of a person. Internal problems are often first noticed by a change in the hair, nails and skin. A proper diagnosis is always of great value to start effective treatment.
Self-treatment can be costly and dangerous. Basic guidelines to a healthy lifestyle and diet will always help any condition, but, it cannot be the only route of treatment if the condition is severe.
Urticalcin Tablets. Application No. U959 (Act 101/1965). Each tablet contains Calcium carb. Hahnem. D4 0.50 mg, Calcium Phos D6 0.50 mg, Natrium phos D6 0.50 mg, Silicea D6 2.50 mg and Urtica D1 10.00 mg in a tablet base composed of lactose, potato starch and magnesium stearate.
Boldocynara Liquid. Application No. U876 (Act 101/1965.) Each 1ml contains Cynara scolymus Ø 421 mg, Silybum marianum Ø 293 mg. Taraxacum off. Ø 110 mg. Peumus boldus Ø 64 mg and Mentha piperita Ø 27mg. Alcohol content 60% v/v.
Nephrosolid Liquid. Application No. U927 (Act 101/1965). Each 1ml contains Solidago Virguaren Ø 635 mg. Betula Pendula Ø 166mg, Ononis Spinosa Ø 64 mg, Equisetum arvense Ø 55 mg, Alcohol 62% v/v
Acne Formula Application No. U573 (Act/Wet 101/1965) contains Sepia D12, Aristolochia D6, Sulpur jodatum D12, Juglans regia D6, Viola tricolor Ø, hydrocotyle asiatica D6, Cretraria islandica D6, Arctium lappa Ø, Selenium D12, Staphisagria D6, Lycopodium D6, Asteria rubens D6, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 50% v/v
Echinaforce Liquid Application No. U613 (Act 101/1965), contains per 1.0g fresh Echinacea purpurea herb mother tincture 950mg and fresh Echinacea purpurea root mother tincture 50mg. Alcohol content 65% v/v.
Eczema Formula Application No. U614 (Act/Wet 101/1965) contains Viola tricolor D2, Lappa major D2, Bellis perennis D3, Rhus toxicodendron D30, Berberis aquifolium D1, Vinca minor D3, Solidago virgaurea D1, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 56%
Hyperiforce Contains Hypericum perforatum. Alcohol content: 67% v/v
Dr A Vogel has written a book, The Nature Doctor, a highly recommended volume for every home. Virtually every condition known to mankind is dealt with in detail, in simple layman’s terms, covering hundreds of topics, including indepth information on Hair, Nails and Skin. His wealth of wisdom and knowledge makes this a valuable asset in every home. Should you wish to order a copy of this book, please do so through your pharmacy or health store.
All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores
For more information please contact:
SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660
Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax: 031 7838080
This leaflet is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and in no way excludes the necessity of a diagnoses from a health practitioner. Its intent is solely informational and educational.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.