Question
Posted by: Janice | 2005/12/09

Different job options

I have a job offer next year to work and train as a bookkeeper and learn that side of things. The hours are very good. At the moment I do call center/customer services and not getting anywhere. I studied bookkeeping so it would be a perfect oppurtunity for me to get some training in that line. I also feel that working on a call center has no future as they just hire young people and you can't do it when you are older. There seem to be more jobs out there for Bookkeepers. Please could I have some opinions on which is a better career option. I will earn less in the Bookkeeping position but I think it will at least give me training I need to get another better job one day. I am stagnating where I am at the moment.

If this inolves essentially free training and experience, and new job openings later on, what would there be to lose ?

1
Posted by: blompot | 2005/12/09

Hi there Janice

I would go the bookkeeping route. You said it yourself there is growth posibilities. Bookkeeping is also the type of career that will alway be around and a function needed by ALL companies. I suggest that you get some training in Financial Computing packages if you do not allready have some.

Also keep in mind that this is actually also the type of skill that you can offer on a contract basis/outsourcing basis when you have enough practice & experience and so be you won boss - and who wont like that?

Reply to blompot