Question
Posted by: andre | 2007/02/23

different alcohol flush

I get a red flush in my face neck and shoulders but only when I mix my alcohol. I can drink large quantities of one type of alcohol but if i drink as much as one tot of a different type I get this flush.Why?

Dear Andre
Don’t Mix. Most combinations are not inherently dangerous, though the effects of mixing vary from individual to individual. Generally, you want to avoid mixing the 3 types of alcohol – beer, wine, and liquor. A shot of JD and a shot of vodka are generally not harmful. A couple of glasses of wine, some ale and a tequila shooter can combine for a dangerous scenario. The different drinks potentiate the effect of the others.

2
Posted by: Mel | 2007/02/23

SOLUTION = DONT MIX DRINKS !!!

Reply to Mel
Posted by: Lee | 2007/02/23

I have exactly the same, embarrasing problem - and that's not even mixing my drinks!!! Apparently it has something to do with our blood (?). However, would like doc to comment and maybe recommend a remedy. Please doc, and thank you.

Reply to Lee