Posted by: pp | 2008/08/14

All fo sudden my husband and my interest have gone in different directions. We always got on well but laterly we have very little in common. The little we do we are opposites. My glass is half full his half empty. When discussing things he sees a different view to me. Neither point of view is wrong but it leads to frustration because we just aren' t compatible at the moment. We are each pulling in different directions but not because of spite or wanting to get our own way its just we aren' t interested in the same things. So stupid. I have to be honest and say I have become a bit of a loner, so don' t mind if he wants to go off and do his own thing but he hates it. We are both late 50' s. It does not bode well for retirement. Any ideas why this is happening or what we can do to sort out the problem.

How can this situation arise " all of a sudden" ? Either you were both actually this different all along, and have only now realized this and found it annoying, or something curious has made major changes within one or both of you, rendering you different, having previously been much more compatible. Do see a marriage counsellor together to explore compatibilities and accomodations

Posted by: art | 2008/08/15

Hi well sounds like the aged old story you have drifted apart as a result of your life style, As I don’ t have your full story, best you go see a marriage councillor or you will be spending your future alone or with someone else and at 50 its not easy picking up a life, you can think it is others can disagree but at 50 its way harder new people have there existing families all adults or near adult hood, so best advise from one been there, you need to re kindle your feelings and emotions for each other a learning process like when you started dating so many years back. Seek and ye shall find

Reply to art