Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/08/07

difference between Promoxil Capsules &  Forcid Solutab 875/125

What is the difference between Promoxil capsules &  Forcid Solutab 875/125 &  is it necessary to take both?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Lisa

I have seen doctors prescribe both when a high dose of amoxycillin is required - Both Forcid and Promxil contains amoxycillin, but Forcid also contains clavulanic acid (which may cause nausea or diarrhoea in higher doses). In this case (if your doctor prescribed both) he probably wants the higher dose of amoxycillin without the side affects associated with a high dose of clavulanic acid.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/08/08

Hi Lisa

Reply to pharmacist