Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2008/01/27

Dieting but not losing weight...

I go to the gym for a hour to a hour and a half 4-5 times a week and i eat healthyly. Mostly veggies fruits and fish. But Iam stil not losing weight. I do about 40 min of cardio and excersise on the mashines.

Any idea what iam doing wrong?

Dear Lauren
I can't really judge your situation because you did not provide me with your present weight in kg and height in metres so that I can calculate your BMI. If your weight and BMI are already within the normal range then your body may resist losing additional weight. If you are overweight and your BMI exceed 25, then your diet may contain more energy than required, although this seems unlikely in view of all the exercise you are doing. Then again you may be developing muscle tissue with all this exercise and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue. Finally you may suffer from hormone imbalances (thyroid, insulin, female hormones) that hamper weight loss or depression which can prevent you losing weight.

3
Posted by: lauren | 2008/01/29

My BMI is within the normal range. Iam 20 years old, weigh 53/54 and iam about 1.6 meters.
Although my BMI is normal I stil have fat tummy and i would like to get rid of it. My arms and legs on the other hand are on the thinner side

Reply to lauren
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/01/27

Let the doctor test your thyroid

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Rosemary | 2008/01/27

I need urgent help I have been on fat and sugar free diet but can''t get rid of this weight problem areas arms and stomach.

Thanks Rose

Reply to Rosemary