Question
Posted by: Veronica | 2006/07/26

Dietician

I am considering dietetics as a career, but it will have to be financially justified if I am to return to university for another 4 years full time.

What is the average salary of a dietician in and out of private practice or partnership? I realise it can vary greatly.

How does community service currently work in terms of hours / years and salary?

I'd appreciate your answers as I am sure you have a broad knowledge on this topic!

Dear Veronica
I don't know what my colleagues earn! I think you need to contact the Association for Dietetics in SA (ADSA) at: 011 - 789-6621 or adsa@iafrica.com and ask specifically who you should speak to with this query - I think they have a special officer for education. They will also be able to advise you about this community service.