Question
Posted by: Qgym | 2004/03/04

Diet while training

I find it very frustrating trying to find the correct diet and training combination. I am following a strict 6 day program to loose bodyfat and build muscle. It is a combination of daily cardio and heavy weight training. Diet currently consists out of: Oats/cereal/skim milk - breakfast. Protein/creatine shake at 10:00 Wholewheat with tuna and salad sandwich 12:00 Shake again at 15:00 Train from 17:00 - 18:30 Shake immediately after training Dinner at 19:00 Chicken with vegatables and carbs like potatoe or wholewheat pasta.

I am not sure if this diet will lead to fat loss...I have always had a tendancy to body fat, but do not want to starve myself while training.

Dear Qgym
If you eat a low-fat diet which includes carbohydrates with a low glycaemic index (GI) and do intensive exercise you should lose weight. The high protein content of this diet should also build muscle (be careful not to ingest too much protein and creatine as this can damage the kidneys and lead to water retention, etc). If you find that you get very tired, esp during and after exercise sessions, then you need to use a carbohydrate-rich energy drink (Powerade, Energade, Lucozade, etc - experiment which energy drink agrees best with you) before, during and immediately after exercise to provide the energy you need to support the exercise you are doing. This should also prevent you feeling starved or hungry.
Good luck with the training.

1
Posted by: Cutie | 2004/03/04

I am currently on a low carb, high protein diet with shakes inbetween through a physical trainer. I gym 6 times per week alternating between cardio and weights and the weight does fall off. You will build muscle and lose the fat. You will not be starving yourself.

Give it a try. It does work....

Reply to Cutie