Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2003/01/16

DIET TONICS

Someone close to me has been taking a Thinz Diet Tonic for the past ten months, she is 5ft 4inches and weighs 54 kilograms. I am concerned that she is losing too much weight, she has already lost 10 kilograms and also what are the effects of taking this tonic for such a long period of time.

Dear Concerned
According to my copy of MIMS, Thinz contains nor-pseudoepinephrine, which is an appetite suppressant which can cause the following side-effects: nervous system and circulatory system problems, rapid heartbeat, heart problems, urine retention and other problems with urination, sweating, altered metabolism, tremor, muscular weakness, etc. At present your friend has a BMI of 20,3 which is below the ideal of 22 (for which she should weigh 59kg)! There epinephrine-based appetite suppressants can cause dependence and if taken for long periods even addiction because they give one a 'high'. I think you should caution your friend about the potential risks of eternal dieting and falling into the trap of anorexia.

1
Posted by: Mel | 2003/01/16

If I could aswer your question on the tonics last year I bought a slimming tonic which I used for 6 weeks. I lost 7 kg but I stopped I had a complete systems break down!!!!!!!!!
Ended up in ICU.!!!! Since then I have had an allergy to mostly anything for a few samples:
Citrus,Pork,Tartrizine,Codine,Seafood,Curry Powered,Tea,Coffee,Spices,Salt and many more to explain.

I need to drink pills for allergies otherwise I come out in large red Wheels that itch like made.

Had to go on cortizone for three months. Picked up 11kg. Cannot lose it.

My advice don't do this to yourself

Reply to Mel