Question
Posted by: Sunette | 2005/07/28

Diet- short term memory loss

I am a carer taking care of a man who was involved in a very big motor accident. He suffers from short term memory loss. How can I adjust his diet to help him in recovering from the memory loss. He is receiving treatment, I just want to assist him through his diet.

Dear Sunette
You could try giving him a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn, but if this will help him to recover his memory is difficult to say. You can also try giving him Salmon oil capsules to boost his omega-3 intake because omega-3 fatty acids help with neurological function.