Question
Posted by: Anneline | 2007/04/12

Diet requirements for a 12 year old boy

My son is 12 years old. I would like to know what quantities of food I should be feeding him. He is very active and plays a lot of sports. He is not overweight. I want to know portions sizes would be correct for a boy of his age and activity level.

Dear Anneline
Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for teenagers' to see what and how much your lad should be eating. Children who are very active need to eat more regularly to sustain their high energy requirements, so do also read the article on 'Healthy snacks'.