Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2008/01/16

Diet Plan for Lupus patients

I have read that one should eat according to his/her blood group, does this also apply to people with Systemic Lupus? Or should we rather eat the foods mentioned here on Health24?

Dear Lucy
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. Also keep in mind that they are supposed to assist with weight loss and were not designed for specific conditions such as lupus. If you click on 'Diet at the top of this page and do a Search with 'Diets for Lupus or SLE' then you will find information about this subject. Ideally you should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out an individual diet for you that is tailored to your condition and the phase you are in (e.g. active or passive).

2
Posted by: jenny | 2009/02/18

about lupus

Reply to jenny
Posted by: Lorna | 2009/02/09

I have SLE Lupus and need to follow a healthy diet. Please help! Thank you

Reply to Lorna