Question
Posted by: Tee | 2006/04/20

Diet pills vs antidepresants

Well i have been on anti depressants and they never seemed to help (over the last 3 years) in that time frame i put on 30kgs! i am 20 years old and now weight 82kgs! i think that makes me more depressed than anything. i dont have see a shrink because i dont have the money and Doctors keep giving me the run around- uneccessary blood tests and consultations which leave me with no answers and a fat bill!

i went this "diet" route through a body builder friend who said he can get me in contact with someone who is really good at helping people losing weight. Problem is, i was stupid and didnt mention the anti depression meds i was taking. It didnt seem to matter if i was going to stop it anyway-right.

Well, now i feel more emotional than ever and it may just be today or this week due to my cycle. But what if it's somethinf worse? could i be bi-polar or something (episodes of erratic behaviuor) i know i should just stop this fat burner and gothe healthy route..
Date: 20/4/2006

TYes, go the healthy route. But why not explore the possibility of seeing someone a the Dept of Psych at your nearest Medical School, for advice on the depression AND weight problem ?

2
Posted by: Cheryl | 2006/04/21

No I suggest that you contact your nearest Dianetic centre - they are in the phone book. They can help you. Will give counselling (at an affordable rate) plus work out a nutritional programme for you that will work. Nothing beats good old vitamins and minerals in the right proportions. Talk to them you wont be sorry.

Reply to Cheryl
Posted by: Tee | 2006/04/20

where is that in Cape Town and how much does it cost about?
im open to the idea...

Reply to Tee