Question
Posted by: help | 2011/08/11

diet pills comparison

Hi Doc,

Been doing my research on diet pills, is hoodia gordinii any effective in weight loss?

also what are the main differences, advantages and disadvantages of xenical, alli and hoodia gordinii??

I know xenical is prescribed...

Dear Help
I would like to apologise for only answering your question today, but I was away and had asked for the DietDoc Message Board to be switched off in my absence, something that evidently was not done. If you click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and do a search for the various articles I have written about Hoodia diet pills, such as 'Hype about Hoodia', you will see that many of the supposed Hoodia diet pills on the market are not of good quality and that because of a series of delays in testing, we still don't know if Hoodia is safe to use, what dosage works most efficiently, if it causes negative side-effects, etc. I can thus not yet recommend that use of any product that contains Hoodia. Xenical and Alli both contain orlistat, a compound that prevents the uptake of fat from the diet. Alli is the generic version of Xenical and is available without a prescription. However, it is always prudent to rather take such medications under a doctor's supervision because the use of orlistat can lead to deficiencies of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) when used for longer periods. Orlistat must be used together with a very-low-fat diet to avoid the fat being passed directly out of the body, which can be embarrassing. By reducing your fat intake drastically, you would also reduce your energy intake which will promote weightloss. If you do decide to use an orlistat weightloss product, I would recommend that you do so under medical supervision.

3
Posted by: Pharmb984 | 2012/05/29

Hello! eegfada interesting eegfada site! I''m really like it! Very, very eegfada good!

Reply to Pharmb984
Posted by: Pharmd148 | 2012/05/14

Hello! kgbaecc interesting kgbaecc site! I''m really like it! Very, very kgbaecc good!

Reply to Pharmd148

Dear Help