Question
Posted by: lolly | 2005/01/06

diet pills and contraceptive pills

Happy new yr everyone

I want 2 loose weight esp around my waist,Im on nordette pills 4 birth control and on thinz to loose weight and I go 2 the gym 2 or 3 times a week and I enjoy spinning and weight lifting
will there be a + or- effect,

thax doc and all

Dear Lolly
Seeing that the diet pills only suppress your appetite and should not be causing diarrhoea (like some of the other diet pills that contain laxatives), your absorption of the contraceptive should not be affected. I cannot comment on possible interactions of the pseudo-norepinephrine the diet pill contains with the hormone and what effects this may have on your mood, etc. It is always a good idea to discuss the use of over-the-counter medicines with your prescribing dr.