Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/06/03

Diet pills

i am currently on diet pills but eating healthy as i have gained a lot in the past. i know how to go on a healthy diet; but i just need the pills to give a way forward, i wont take them for a long time , just for 2 weeks after then i am back to my normal healthy eating. Is this healthy for my body?

Dear Nicky
I think you know that using diet pills, esp the ones that contain ephedrine or pseudo-epinephrine or synephrine (check on the labels of these products), can be can be potentially harmful. These components can cause a long list of negative side-effects (dependence, addiction, tremors, insomnia, palpitations, irritability, psychotic reactions. These products have been banned in many countries because of their negative side-effects, which include addiction and dependence. Make very sure that you do only use these products for 2 weeks and don't get hooked on them with negative consequences.