Question
Posted by: Martin | 2008/07/17

Diet - HIV

My tractor driver is HIV +. I would like to cook him a soup which I would freeze in packets to heat up for him on a daily basis.
Any suggestion on recipe?

Dear Martin
Patients with HIV have a great need for energy and protein to prevent wasting and protective nutrients to boost their immunity. I would suggest that you make a soup with soup meat, dried beans, peas or lentils, and a good variety of vegetables (cabbage and tomatoes, or pumpkin or butternut, etc). If you would like to obtain more information about the dietary treatment of HIV, you can contact the SA Sugar Association to obtain their Booklet on 'Food Choices for People Living with HIV' from The Nutrition Department, SA Sugar Association, P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300, or phone: (031) 508-7000, or send an e-mail to: nutrition@sasa.org.za for excellent information on diets for HIV.

1
Posted by: sonto | 2008/12/10

I don' t want to loose wight, what cn I take to keep my weight. what food can I eat to keep my body healthy

Reply to sonto