Posted by: lucyswan | 2003/02/20

diet for twisted colon sufferer

My mother suffers severe lower abdominal pain due to a recently diagnosed twist in the ascending colon, and some diverticulosis. After a week in hospital, she was advised to contact dietician to help her plan her meals to prevent the return of inflammation and pain.
What diet would be best for her to limit the inflammation and possible blockage of the colon?
She is 62, takes Eltroxin for hypothyrodism, Estraderm patches for hormone balance, and Cozar for high blood pressure.
She loves pasta and white bread, and I think that could be the cause of the constant pain she has.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Lucy
Please take your dear Mom to see a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) to find your nearest dietitian) because her condition is far too complex to try and explain an appropriate diet in a few sentences. The dietitian will take all her special conditions into account and work out a tailored diet for your Mom. It really is worthwhile esp seeing that she has a relatively serious condition.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.