Question
Posted by: belvee | 2004/11/24

Diet for my child

I have a 1 year old girl and I would like to make sure that she grows up to be a healthy child who does not grow to be obese. I would like to find out if you can help me with ideas of what to give her during the day. I find that she is eating the same food most of the time and most of it being carbs. Can you help with a diet that is healthy

Dear Belvee
Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read all the articles on 1-year-old's and their diet. Also make a note of the portion sizes. Young children do not have the same need as adults to have constant variety, they enjoy eating more or less the same foods every day - it is the adults in their lives who think they require variety. There will be time later for her to develop a taste for all kinds of foods.