Posted by: Desperate | 2009/08/25

Diet for infections?

I have had this problem for as long as I can remember. I'  ve seen so many Gyno'  s about this crappy subject. I'  m now in the process of loosing my husband because we both have a sex drive and can do nothing about it - it is either a problem with the pain or the smell or discharge (sorry I know that is gross) I'  m in depression at the moment cause nothing helps - nobody can actually tell me how to get rid of it for good, it keeps on comming back and now it is back for more than 2 weeks already. Any help out there? Sometimes it feels like a raw sore and if feels like sharp blades penetrating me and it burns and itch like hell.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Desperate
I am so sorry to hear about your great discomfort with these vaginal infections. However, I don't know what is causing them. Are you suffering from Candida infection or a herpes infection? Both of these conditions require treatment with medications (antifungals for the Candida and antivirals for the herpes) for BOTH partners. From a dietary point of view I can only suggest that you make quite sure that you are eating a well balanced diet that consists of plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables (at least 5-7 portions a day), lean meat, fish (3-4 times a week) and eggs (4 per week), plus 3 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt or cottage cheese a day, whole, unsifted grains and cereals (3-4 servings), legumes (cooked or canned dry beans, peas or lentils or soya) as often as possible, and poly- or monounsaturated oils or margarine (olive oil, tub marg, etc) (3 tablespoons a day). I would also like to recommend that you use Vagiforte (a suppository that contains "good" microorganisms), which you can purchase from health shops and clinical dietitians (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
I am holding thumbs that you and your hubby can eradicate or at least prevent recurrences of this uncomfortable condition.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.