Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/05/02

Diet for children with Autism

Could you kindly advise on which foods are beneficial and which are best avoided in a 4 year old child who has mild Autism and oromotor apraxia. Thanks. Much appreciated. Karen

Dear Karen
I have not yet addressed the problem of diet and autism on the DietDoc site (I promise to investigate this and post a Topic at a later stage), so I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assess your child's current diet and work out an individual diet prescription for him/her.