Question
Posted by: Meags | 2004/01/06

Diet for a person of 47 with a hip problem

Please can you help a "young" friend of mine with a healthy eating plan.
Her goal is to loose about 10 kilos. The reason she cannot exerscise is
her hip - She is in constant pain. The doctor says she has to loose weight
and she is also to young to operate to correct the problem as yet.Her hip cushioning has gone(so its like bone rubbing on bone)
She has tried to do water arobics but the pain is too much.
What we are looking for is a Sunday to sunday = breakfast =lunch=dinner.
step by step eating plan.
eg. Breakfast = 1 X boiled egg and 1 X slice of toast.
Another thing is that it must be quite basic food - Some of the diets entail a whole new grocery cupboad.
I would love to help her and see her smile again - can you help me?

Dear Meags
If you click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' you can obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet which should be easy to follow. However, I would recommend that the parents of this young friend also consult a clinical dietitian, because it is essential that this young patient still obtains all the nutrients she requires for growth, while helping her to lose weight. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.