Question
Posted by: Sue | 2004/11/04

Diet after gall bladder removal

+/- 3 years ago I had to have my gall bladder removed. Before being discharged from the hospital, a dietician consulted me about a fat free diet I had to follow for the next 4 weeks, giving the body time to adjust and form a new "bag" in place of the gall bladder.

She gave me a small booklet, giving me all foods I was allowed to eat and all foods I had to stay away from for a while. After following this diet for 4 weeks, I lost nearly 2 pants sizes. Where can I get a hold of this booklet or something similar? I am currently +/- 20 kilos overweight and desperately need some motivation as well as a diet I know will work.

I hope to get some feedback soon as I am beyond desperate!!!

Dear Sue
The secret to your previous loss in weight was the fact that you cut out most fats. To lose weight need to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.